The AEN department operates in line with the Code of Practice laid down by the DfEE and the levels of need are carefully assessed so that the correct level of support can be given. This is tailored to meet the individual needs of the pupil and may include:
- Use of additional learning resources, including relevant ICT.
- After school and lunchtime help clubs (homework & coursework).
- Access to relevant AEN resources.
- Opportunities to discuss difficulties with, and receive help from, AENstaff.
- Specialist support from outside agencies - for example, Visual Impairment Services.
Support is available across all key stages and can be accessed by both staff and pupils. If the pupil has a relevant level of additional need, then support is carried on into post 16 education.