Business studies is an excellent option in key stage 4 (years 10 and 11) and key stage 5 (years 12 and 13) regardless of current ability and future aims. Business studies is well regarded by Universities and future employers. It is a dynamic subject that is relevant and applicable to all students.
Students are prepared for their futures by;
- Studying the world of work
- Learning to work with others
- Developing problem solving skills
- Using ICT in a business context
By the end of any business course students will be able to;
- Make effective use of relevant terminology, concepts and methods, and recognise the strengths and limitations of the ideas used
- Apply their knowledge and critical understanding to current issues and problems in a wide range of appropriate contexts
- Distinguish between facts and opinions and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data in order to help build arguments and make informed judgements
- Appreciate the perspectives of a range of stakeholders in relation to the environment, individuals, government and enterprise.
Knole Academy students have an excellent examination record in both KS4 and KS5, with results consistently amongst the best in the school.
The business studies department is very well resourced. All teaching rooms have laptops for student use, and interactive whiteboards.