ESSENTIAL SCHOOL EQUIPMENT
- full school uniform, worn neatly - see website or diary for further details
- leather school shoes
- PE kit - see website or diary for further details
- schoolbag - to be left in the locker during the school day
- a pencil case, preferably clear plastic so that it is suitable for exams
- three pens (one black, one blue and one of a third colour)
- two graphite pencils (HB and 2B)
- a rubber
- a pencil sharpener
- a ruler, protractor and a compass (with pencil)
- dining room fob for the cashless system
- reading book (this can be a library book)
- scientific calculator
- padlock for locker - available from the school
Please ensure that all equipment and clothing is marked with your name.
Items not allowed in school include MP3 players, jewellery (other than that specified on the uniform list), chewing gum, aerosols and glass bottles. Illegal substances including tobacco are not allowed in school.
Students are permitted to bring their mobile phones to school, however there are strict rules around this. Students should keep their mobile phones switched off in their locker during the school day. Our insurance does not cover the personal property of students and therefore students need to ensure that they look after all their possessions and take responsibility for keeping them safe.
1. Students are not permitted to use their phone / SMART devices during the school day and they MUST NOT carry mobile phones in their blazer pockets during academy hours. If a member of staff sees a mobile phone, the phone will be confiscated and will not be returned until a parent comes to collect it from Monday to Friday in term time between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
2. Examination boards have strict rules regarding mobile phones; mobile phones, and other electronic devices, such as tablets and smart watches, are not allowed in exam rooms. Any student who takes such a device into a public exam is likely to be disqualified from all of their public exams.
If a parent or guardian needs to contact their child during the academy day, they should continue to telephone reception and the academy will pass on the message.