At Knole Academy our fundamental purpose is to:
- Ensure that all learners achieve the highest standards in everything they do.
- Instil a love of learning so all students make good progress and achieve excellence.
- Develop confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Grow responsible citizens who can make a positive contribution to the global society.
In order to achieve these outcomes it is essential that the curriculum:
- Creates a culture that challenges all learners, through aspiration and high achievement, to be the best they can be.
- Allows everyone to experience success within a broad and balanced programme.
- Raises standards of attainment.
- Is appropriate and relevant to our students now, and prepares them for their future.
Therefore we ensure that:
- Students are able to make accelerated progress over the 7 years of their time at the academy.
- Additional time is given to English and Mathematics to ensure students have the essential skills needed for life and to access the full curriculum.
- Targeted support and additional challenge enables all students to make at least national rates of progress.
- Additional time is available for sports, arts, interventions and master classes through an embedded co-curricular programme.
We expect from students:
- A commitment to work hard and to be aspirational.
- Self-reliance, resilience and responsibility for their learning.
- Respect and tolerance for all members of the academy community and beyond.