ESSENTIAL SCHOOL EQUIPMENT - ADDITIONAL COVID-19 MEASURES BELOW
- full school uniform, worn neatly - see website or diary for further details
- leather school shoes
- PE kit - see website or diary for further details
- schoolbag - to be left in the locker during the school day
- a pencil case, preferably clear plastic so that it is suitable for exams
- three pens (one black, one blue and one of a third colour)
- two graphite pencils (HB and 2B)
- a rubber
- a pencil sharpener
- a ruler, protractor and a compass (with pencil)
- dining room fob for the cashless system
- reading book (this can be a library book)
- scientific calculator
- padlock for locker - available from the school
- Grippy socks for Dance lessons (new addition for hygiene reasons related to COVID-19)
Our Headteacher Mr Collins sent a letter to all parents on 28.8.20 outlining the requirements for students for September 2020 with regards to COVID-19.
- Face masks - Mandatory on public transport unless they have medical dispensation.
Face masks are not mandatory in school unless studying Hair and Beauty following their subject risk assessment. If students wish to wear masks between lessons, they should have a clean plastic bag to store the mask in between uses.
- Mobile phones - Change in usage allowance. As teachers will be restricted in the use of shared resources such as dictionaries, calculators and laptop use will need to be strictly controlled with cleaning, therefore we are allowing the use of mobile phones in lessons by the teacher's discretion to fulfil these functions. Therefore students may carry phones around the school site but they should be hidden and turned off. Phones should only be seen when directed by the teacher for learning purposes. Pupils will be given access to the schoo WiFi system.
- Grippy socks - For dance lessons/clubs (for hygiene reasons)
- Design and Technology- Due to COVID-19 guidelines, we are unable to provide PPE for lessons. To protect your uniform, it would be advised that you bring one of the following: your own apron, a dust coat, an old oversize shirt and some form of eye protection. The DT department can provide both items for a small fee of £5
Please ensure that all equipment and clothing is marked with your name.
Items not allowed in school include MP3 players, jewellery (other than that specified on the uniform list), chewing gum, aerosols and glass bottles. Illegal substances including tobacco are not allowed in school.
Mobile Phones - Please refer to COVID-19 Measures above regarding student usage allowance
Students are permitted to bring their mobile phones to school, however there are strict rules around this. Students should keep their mobile phones switched off in their locker during the school day. Our insurance does not cover the personal property of students and therefore students need to ensure that they look after all their possessions and take responsibility for keeping them safe.
1. Students are not permitted to use their phone / SMART devices during the school day and they MUST NOT carry mobile phones in their blazer pockets during academy hours. If a member of staff sees a mobile phone, the phone will be confiscated and will not be returned until a parent comes to collect it from Monday to Friday in term time between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
2. Examination boards have strict rules regarding mobile phones; mobile phones, and other electronic devices, such as tablets and smart watches, are not allowed in exam rooms. Any student who takes such a device into a public exam is likely to be disqualified from all of their public exams.
If a parent or guardian needs to contact their child during the academy day, they should continue to telephone reception and the academy will pass on the message.