Business Studies Department
|Subject Leader Busines Studies / Law/ Finance||Mr M Bogan|
|Business Studies Teachers||
Mrs N Blunden
Business studies is an excellent option for years 10 and 11, (offering Eduqas GCSE Business Studies) and KS5 (offering IB Business Management, LIBF Finance and Edexcel Applied Law), regardless of their current ability and future aims. The GCSE curriculum is wide ranging and in depth with students studying the following topic areas;
· Business activity
· Influences on business
· Business operations
· Human resources
Business studies is well regarded by universities and future employers. It is a dynamic subject that is relevant and applicable to all students.
Students are prepared for their futures by;
- Studying the world of work
- Learning to work with others
- Developing problem solving skills
- Using ICT in a business context
By the end of any Business course students will be able to;
- Make effective use of relevant terminology, concepts and methods, and recognise the strengths and limitations of the ideas used
- Apply their knowledge and critical understanding to current issues and problems in a wide range of appropriate contexts
- Distinguish between facts and opinions and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data in order to help build arguments and make informed judgements
- Appreciate the perspectives of a range of stakeholders in relation to the environment, individuals, government and enterprise.
Enrichment and cross-curricular
Students are encouraged to learn through experience and develop their skills outside of the classroom. Students are able to join various projects including; Investor challenge, Target 2.0 and the Bank of England media project. Additionally, students are also offered marketing masterclasses.
Key Stage 5
KS5 Business Management
Please refer to the Post 16 Course Directory 2020-22 for KS5 information by clicking here.